Problems with the Pedometer

Hello,

We want to use the pedometer option in our study (number 3774). But when we look at Kibana we do not see accurate results. For one participant there are only results of one day and for the other the steps are not at all similar to the ones collected on the normal pedometer app on the phone.
We also get a warning sometimes that Avicenna has been paused/stopped and that this has an influence on the participation. Is there any way that we can solve this?

Thank you!

Hi @stijn.temmink,

I hope you’re doing well.

Could you please provide me with the user_ids for both scenarios?

The “Avicenna has been paused/stopped” notification indicates that the app has terminated and is unable to collect data. Please advise participants to keep the app open in the background for a better data collection experience. Additionally, tapping on the notification will start the app.

Kind regards,
Omid

Hi @omid.dolatkia

For the user with only results from one day, the user_id is 89859 and for the user who does get results but they are inaccurate, the user_id is 91086.

Kind regards,
Stijn

Hi @stijn.temmink

Thank you for providing user_ids, I will investigate the matter. However, please be informed that my response will be delayed until April 4th due to my vacation, which lasts until April 2nd.

Kind regards,
Omid

Hi @stijn.temmink,

After reviewing the data for user_id 89859 via Kibana, there are records extending across several days. The gaps observed in the data suggest that the app is being terminated. Please advise the user to keep the app running in the background and to refrain from closing it from the recent apps list.

Regarding user_id 91086, could you specify the timeframe during which inaccuracies were observed?

Additionally, please review the behavior of pedometer data collection as outlined here: Motion Sensors | Avicenna Learn.

Kind regards,
Omid