Triggering Logic

Hi Ethica Team,

Is it possible to trigger the release of a survey, based off time the previous survey was triggered. For example, if Survey X is randomly triggered between 08:00 and 11:00 e.g., 10:44 - can you trigger Survey Y to be released Survey X time + 5 hours e.g., 15:44?

Thanks
Harriet

Hey @harrietrosegalvin

Unfortunately not. Of course, you can set the first survey to be prompted say between 8 to 9, and then the second survey to be prompted between 2 pm to 3 pm, and this guarantees the surveys prompt time are minimum of 5 hours apart, but they won’t be exactly 5 hours apart, unless the triggering logic for both surveys specify an exact prompt time (e.g. at 8 am and 1 pm), and not a random time within a range.

Hope it helps,
Mohammad

Thank you for your response - what we are trying to achieve is 3 random time points daily - but we feel we need to give our participants more time to respond.

Currently we have three time windows for the surveys to be randomly triggered with a 1 hour expiration for each survey (i.e., 1 hour to respond):
08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 23:00

And I right in thinking that if I set the expiration time to 5hrs e.g., allowing 5 hours to respond - that the first trigger with a 5 hours window to respond will block the second one being triggered - if unanswered? Or is it possible to allow the overlap.

Thanks
Harriet

You are right, with the schedule above, you cannot set the expiry time to 5 hours. Otherwise many of your survey sessions will be Blocked. And it would not make sense either.

Maybe you can reduce the time window in which the survey is supposed to be prompted from 4 hours to 2 hours, then increase the expiry time by 1 or 2 hours. This will make enough gap between the three sessions each day.