Surveys are not sent, no notification, nothing

STUDY ID: 1410

Hello,

surveys in my study are not sent automatically. NONE of the participants receive anything, no notification, just nothing. When I release the survey manually with ALL participants, still not every participant receives it. Instead, they received a survey that is clearly set up to be sent on Wednesday and Saturday…

Please help me to solve this issue…

Kind regards,
Sare Danaci

Hello @saredanaci27

This often means there is something wrong with your study configuration. I would be happy to help you figure out what is the problem. But I need to know exactly what the problem is. I had a quick look at your study, and the only thing that I noticed is that there is nearly 100 blocked sessions. You can read about blocked sessions here, they cause other sessions and notifications not to be prompted.

There might be further misconfigurations. For me to investigate them, I would need to have the following information:

• Participant who experiences the problem (if all, just pick one as example)
  • The survey which causes the problem.
  • The time of the issue.
  • The expected behaviour.
  • The behaviour that you observed which was not correct.

Hope it helps,
Mohammad

Dear Mohammed,

thank you for your response. I don’t know if I can answer all of your questions properly, but I will try:

• Participant who experiences the problem (if all, just pick one as an example)
    –> I can not specifically tell you which participant ID experiences this problem. The reason is that I get from some an e-mail that they are not receiving anything, even though I have released a survey manually with all participants, while others reported that everything worked out. As everything is anonymous, I am not able to identify which ID’s now have this problem and which not. What I know is that the majority have problems and it is affecting the study to a huge extent.

• The survey which causes the problem.
    –> ALL surveys are causing a problem right now.
    The baseline assessment (Die Studie geht los!) is sent a few times a day and even participants that already filled it in receive it all the time.

The morning assessment (Fragen Morgens) should be sent between 8 am and 1 pm. It is not sent automatically. No notification.

The evening assessment (Fragen Abends) is not sent between 6-11 p.m.

The gratitude exercise (Dankbarkeitsübung) should ONLY be sent on Wednesday and Saturday, and this is also how it is set in the time triggering logic, however, some participants are receiving it randomly while others not.

The grateful mood assessment (Dankbar fühlen) is not sent automatically.

• The time of the issue.
    Since the surveys are published, there is an issue all the time. Surveys are not sent the time they are set to. For example, one participant reported that he received the evening assessment (Fragen Abends) this morning…Others received the gratitude exercise (Dankbarkeitsübung) yesterday and the day before, while it is scheduled only for Wednesday and Saturday.

• The expected behaviour.
    I will try to make my study design clear:

1. Participants have to fill in the baseline assessment (Die Studie geht los!) ONCE. And once they have filled it in, they should not receive it 5 times a day.

2. Participants receive every morning a morning assessment (Fragen Morgens). They receive the first notification at 8 o’clock in the morning and have time until 12 o’clock to answer the questions. Once they have filled it in the morning, the survey should disappear. Participants receive this survey every morning for 14 days.

3. Participants receive an evening assessment (Fragen Abends) every day at 6 pm and have time until 11 pm to answer the questions. Once they have answered it, the survey should disappear. This survey continues for 14 days as well.

4. Participants receive the grateful mood assessment (Dankbar fühlen) every day at 12:30 have 3 hours to complete it (until 15:30). Also this assessment goes for 14 days and should disappear after participants completed it.

5.Participants receive twice a week a gratitude exercise (Dankbarkeitsübung) on Wednesday and Saturday at 15:30 and have around 6 hours to complete it.

1. Participants should receive automatically a notification about the right surveys on time. After an hour, participants should get a reminder notification.
  • The behaviour that you observed which was not correct.
    I hope that I explained this in the above sections clear enough.

One point I was thinking about it that I did not set up an expiring time for the surveys and this is what I wanted to change now. Do you think the expiring time could cause these issues?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sare Danaci

Well, without knowing who has the problem, and what the problem is exactly, it would be very hard for us to do anything. But based on what I see from your study design, the main issue can be the “Blocked Sessions”. This can prevent future notifications or sessions to be prompted. The status of the surveys in your study also confirms this:

Status ID | Count
-----------+-------
 Completed |   576
  Canceled |    35
   Expired |   211
   Blocked |   190

Hope it helps,
Mohammad