Survey completed by participants but no data in Ethica Sessions

Good afternoon,

One of our participants told us after we sent a reminder to complete the surveys he told us that he did in fact completed the surveys. It concerns ethica ID 66261 and the dates February 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16. How is this possible? Thank you for spending your attention on this issue.

Best,
Stephan

Dear Stephan,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the late response.
We have reviewed the session status for the participant you mentioned and found that the sessions are marked as blocked, which prevented the user from answering them. We have also identified similar cases, such as those that occurred on Feb 9th. A session is marked as blocked when another session from the same activity is already open.
For more information about this status, please refer to the following links:

If you require any further assistance, please let us know, and we will be happy to help.

Bests,
MohammadHossein

Dear Mohammad,

Thank you for your response. I had another participant with a similar issue (i.e., sessions were blocked) that did not allow her to complete the respective survey. I understand now that this is because they still had an active (prior) session, but could you elaborate a bit more how we can prevent this from happening. In other words, how should we instruct our research participants that could prevent the survey from getting ‘blocked’? Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Stephan

Dear @s.c.tap

I unfortunately did not receive an email notification for this inquiry and only discovered it by chance.
“Blocked” refers to sessions that do not have a designated expiration time. To resolve this issue, please navigate to your survey settings and establish an expiration time for the sessions (refer to the attached image for guidance). This action will ensure that old sessions expire as intended, rather than preventing new sessions from initiating.

Bests,
MohammadHossein