Study does not accept new participants

Hello,

I am running into some problems when participants try to register for the study #962!

My main issue right now is since participant #33964, all participants that tried to register get the message:
“sorry, this study does not accept any new participants at the moment.”

I have checked the study details, but I can’t find the problem on my end, do you know what is going wrong?

Second (this is less urgent), when we register a lot of participant (about 20) at the same time the app crashes for some participants. The problem useally fixes itself when they try to register a little later, but it causes some confusion, so if there is anything that we can do to make this problem occur less that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Renée

Hi @r.zonneveld

We had to set the study to Closed to stop new participants to enroll. You can change this back using Ethica’s Researcher Dashboard.

The problem was that the study has too many activities and triggering logics which created too many potential sessions for participants. This was causing the registration to fail (the second issue you mentioned). The retry by participants did slow down our servers and caused some functionalities to fail. That’s why we switched the study to Closed to prevent the problem to spread. We are working on how this can be resolved as an urgent issue and should have some necessary improvements by the end of the day.

Feel free to contact support@ethicadata.com for more details.

Thanks