Some surveys not send out automatically

Hello, I have been collecting data via Ethica for the past couple of months. We make use of 3 activities (all survey data), the main one being the daily questionnaire administered 5 times a day. There are two additional questionnaires (a morning survey and an evening survey administered once a day). However, I can’t seem to get Ethica to send these last two surveys automatically every day, while it works for the daily questions. Do you have any tips on how to solve this issue?
Thank you in advane.

(study code: 2242)

Hi @c.armour,

Sorry for the late reply, I’m looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Faham

I’m experiencing a similar problem. Our activities are set to trigger at 9AM, 7PM and 9PM, and as far as I can tell all the settings are correct. However, our participants are not receiving any notifications and thus cannot complete the questionnaire. Have you already found a solution for this?
Our study ID is 1806.

Best,
Brechtje

Hi @c.armour

For survey 14642 Evening well-being question, trigger logic TL ID 0, you’ve set the criteria as _hours_since_reg_time == 12, which means only at a particular hour, the 12th hour since registration this TL is going to activate. So nevertheless what are the rest of TL settings this TL won’t trigger at any other time due to the set criteria.

For survey 14641 Morning sleep diary, you’ve set the first trigger to absolute time of 2022-03-20 09:00:00 and set it to repeat daily for 7 times after, which means all 8 sessions will be back in 2022 March 20th to 27th therefore participant’s won’t receive any survey during May or June. You may need to use Relative instead of Absolute. So the TL calculates scheduled times based on participant’s registration time/date.

I hope the above helps, please let us know if had any further questions.

Thanks,
Faham

Hi @l.s.demooij,

Could you please send an activity ID and a participant ID facing this issue?

Thanks,
Faham

Thank your for your help, Faham.

The activity IDs are 15584, 15582 and 15516. Participant ID is 55529.

Best,
Brechtje

Dear Faham,

Thank you so much.

Best Wishes,
Elyan

Hi @l.s.demooij,

For the above activities, you’ve not assigned any notification templates to these activities and therefore no notification is triggered for these activities. Please read more about notification templates here: https://learn.ethicadata.com/documentation/study-setup/notification-templates/, and add notification templates to these activities as shown in the following photo:

Thanks,
Faham

Thank you very much for you help!

Best,
Brechtje

I am having similar issues (Study ID: 2322, activity ID’s 17371, participant ID 60668). Sometimes, the notifications are being send and the surveys are being opened, but sometimes they are not. Additionally, this differed when using an iphone and an android (two different participants).

It is weird because they did work at one point, but now not anymore, and so i can’t find any settings that are different

• i do not have any criteria
  • there is no perido
  • there are notifications
  • the study is saved and published

Dear @l.andre

Sorry for the late response.

Would you please give me the other participant’s id?

When did it get started, and how many of your participants have had this issue?

Kind regards,
MohammadHossein

Dear @mohammadhossein ,

Thanks for reaching out!
the other participant had ID 60669. So far, we do not have any other participants.
Last week, I received closed to no notifications, even though I was installing them to be received in 10 minutes from that time, just to troubleshoot. I did this on monday and tuesday, and I did not receive any notifications nor did any survey’s open. I closely checked whether my settings were correct, which they seemed to be.

We also keep a different survey (17161), for this one I did receive a notification yesterday (as I was supposed to). I am now suspecting that survey (17161) and survey (17371) are functioning differently with regard to opening surveys and sending notifications.

Do you have any ideas what I could try and test?

Kind regards,
Luuk van Griensven, Research Assistant under Lucija Andre

Dear @l.andre

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.
I see that the 60668 app scheduled notifications, but according to you, the participant didn’t get them. Would you please ask the participant to check their notification settings of the Ethica app? They should make sure that the notification is enabled.
The 60669 has scheduled notifications too, but I don’t see any log for disabled notifications for them. Hopefully, we’ll have a release today that makes the notification more robust on android devices. I will let you know when we do the release so you can ask them to update their application, reload their study, and see if the issue exists.

Thanks,
MohammadHossein

Dear @l.andre

Version 590 on Android is now available on the Play Store. Would you kindly ask your participant to update their app, reload their study, and see if the issue still exists?

Thanks,
MohammadHossein