Sending survey only some of the respondents

Hi there!

I would like to send out a survey only to some participants, not all, but I do not have any criteria or previous answers to base that on. I would like to randomly divide them in two groups and ask one group to fill out the survey in one week and another group in the following week. Is it possible to choose specific participants, who receive the survey?

Hi @eleri.lillemae

The way I can think of to achieve this is to ask a question like:

Please choose one of the following items:

And then depending on whether they have chosen 1 or 2, show one group of questions. Selecting the number will be done by each participant and will be random.

Hope it helps,
Mohammad

Hi,

Thank you for the response. The problem for that would be, that I can not be sure if the group splits exactly in two. There could be 15 people choosing option 1 and 5 people choosing option 2. Is there a way to set participant ID as a condition?

All the best,
Eleri

Unfortunately not. What can be done here is to use the solution I suggested above, but sign up each participant manually yourself, respond to the question and divide them between groups 1 and 2, and then share the credentials with them and ask them to login instead of sign up (as they are already signed up by you).

This is definitely cumbersome for larger sample sizes, but it might be a better alternative over creating multiple studies.

Hope it helps,
Mohammad

I happened to notice, that if I do not publish the survey right away, but click on draft on the “Activities” page, it offers me an option “Release” and there I can actually choose participants I want to send this activity. Would that work to send certain surveys only to half of the participants?

All the best,
Eleri

I believe your question is “what is the Release option”? That is explained here.