Participant Dropped out of study

Dear Ethica support team

A participant recently reached out to us in study 2241 that they were dropped out of the study [the received an ‘already finished’ notification] however they are only on day 8 out of 12 in the study. Their ethica ID is 53420 and they enrolled in the study on April 20. Do you know why the study ended prematurely for them? Thanks!

Update: another participant was seemingly dropped from the study prematurely. Their ethica ID is 53507.

Hi @marim.adel

Have you made any changes to the participation period or other study settings?

The records show the end date for the first participant, 53420, to be 2022-05-04 02:33:00+00 (so it should be still ongoing) and for the second one, 53507, to be 2022-04-30 13:00:00+00, so still in progress.

I’m unsure do you mean there is a bug in the system and it does not behave the way it should? Or you are asking how to configure your study to get the expected participation period?

Hi @m.hashemian thank you for your response. I noticed that all the participants who told us that the study ended for them prematurely had a participation period that ended on April 20, 2022. Should I modify the participation period to have no end date? Would this open up the study for them again? Four other participants also emailed us stating that the study ended for them before they were done with the 12 days of participantion: 53463, 53462, 53165, 53496.

Correction: there is a typo, the participation ended for each of the participants on April 30, 2022. Would it fix the problem to manually modify the participation period for each participant to have no end date? Thanks again.