I just added 2 new participants (#73405 and #73406) in my study (2933) and they informed me they do not receive any notifications.
They get the same questionnaires (18247) six times throughout the day and receive a notification when the activity is released and 10 minutes prior to the expiry time (of 60 minutes). I updated the questionnaire (and 18246) this morning as I found I made in error in the triggering logics.
In the tab Notifications I can see notifications are scheduled for the participants, but they remain on the status ‘sending’.
Could you please help me with this issue?
Thank you for getting in touch with us.
In-app notifications are managed within the mobile application. The server sends the necessary data to the application, which in turn schedules the notifications and updates the server regarding their status. The “sending” status indicates that the server has not yet received a confirmation of successful delivery. I have noticed that there are some notifications with “Tapped” and “Prompted” statuses within the last few hours.
I would like to ask, are the participants receiving any notifications? If not, has this been an ongoing issue or is it occurring for the first time?
Thanks for your reply. In the Notification tab I can see that some notifications are delivered to the participants.
It is the first time I experience these kind of issues with participants. As a test I added myself to study (#64412) and I do receive all notifications.
Hopefully this answers your questions.
Thanks a lot.
Did you receive any updates from the participants regarding the issue? Are they receiving the notifications at the right time?
They participants report they receive some notifications, but not all. The notifications they receive come at the right time.
Sorry for the late response.
Would you please elaborate on “some notifications”? Are they receiving notifications for a specific activity for example?
At this time of the study, 2 questionnaires are used:
- #18247 - EMA; prompted 6 times during the day. With 2 notifications; 1 at release of questionnaire and after 50 minutes.
- #18246 - DSI; prompted in the evening (20.00). With 2 notifications: 1 at release of the questionnaire and after 2 hours.
Currently there are 2 participants and I joined as a test subject.
What I mean with some notifications are being send succesfully, is that only 2 of the 12 of the EMA notifications have the status ‘success’ for the participants. The other notifications are still on the status ‘sending’. For the test subject, about 11 of the 12 notifications have the status ‘success’ the others also remain on ‘sending’. The status for the DSI noftifications remain on ‘sending’ all the time for the participants and for test subject one notification remains on ‘sending’.
Hopefully this helps.
I apologize for the delayed response.
The “sending” status does not mean that the participant did not receive a notification. Instead, it implies that we have scheduled the notification on the participant’s phone, but have not yet received any update in return. It’s possible that we may never receive any updates due to network issues, storage being wiped, the application being removed, etc.
Please let me know if your participants are complaining about the notifications. I am referring specifically to in-app notifications; this should not be the case for email or SMS. However, do let me know if you encounter the same issue with those mediums.
It was quite difficult to ascertain whether my research participants received the notification. What I could gather from their responces is that they did not receive those notifications. Therefor I added them again to the study. Now, the notifications status is always on ‘succes’.
Maybe the problem occured because I altered the notification template when they were already participating in the study.
For now, my problem is fixed. Thanks for the support.