I’ve been using the chat function and two message notifications won’t clear no matter what I do. Study ID 2486. Also, is there a way to have labels show instead of names? This study was supposed to be anonymized however there is no option to indicate “anonymous.”
Sorry for the inconvenience.
About the “unread messages/events notifications”, I tried to reproduce the issue with different scenarios, but I couldn’t face what you are facing. So, would you please give me more details? For example:
- Is it a group chat or a direct chat?
- If it’s a direct chat, is the other member still part of the study? For example, if they’re a participant, are they still active or are they dropped? If they’re a researcher, do they still have permission to your study?
- Does it happen for all chats?
- When did you face the issue? Is it recent? When did you get the messages? And are those messages simple text messages or some call-related events like “Call ended”, “Call started”, etc.?
- If possible, what will happen if you send a message in that chat and then reload the page?
About the “labels instead of names”, we will work on it and will add the functionality; it’s on our roadmap.
- Direct chat
- Yes, they are still part of the study and active participant
- It does not happen for all chats
- I faced the issue within the last few days. They are simple text messages. I believe that I initially checked the message on my phone and responded and then logged in on my computer later. I’ve tried refreshing my browser, closing ethica and reopening and it still shows as a notification.
- I’ve sent a message to the participant since this and the notification still doesn’t clear.
Thanks a lot. We’ll try to reproduce and fix the issue based on those details.
Sorry for the late response. I couldn’t reproduce the exact issue. But we released a new update with some major improvements and bugfixes (some of them are related).
Would you please try again and see if the notification badges remain? Also, it’d be great if you test sending “test” messages in that chat in case the issue still exists. This might help us diagnose the issue.