Surveys still marked as scheduled

Hi,

data from several days from two participants of ours seem to be missing (still marked as scheduled and not expired).

Participant 12293 (study 664), July 21st is still marked as scheduled, even though the next day the survey prompted and was filled in.

Participant 12857 (study 749), July 6 - 10, July 12 - 17, July 20 until now are still marked as scheduled.

How is this possible? Normally when a participant opens the app after not filling it in it should mark as expired right?

Bests,

Lotte

Hi @lgosens

Normally when a participant opens the app after not filling it in it should mark as expired right?

You are right, if the participant misses answering a survey, when they open the app next time, the survey is marked as expired. I believe for 12293 there was simply a delay as things are normal right now.

For 12857 we need to look into it more. You are right, things don’t look right with this account. I will update you as soon as I know more.

Thank you
Mohammad

Hi @lgosens

I checked this issue in more detail and here is what’s happening: the participant has not opened the app from Jul. 6th during the day until Jul 11th, and all surveys during these days are expired. We updated our app before Jul 11th, so when the participant opens the app on 11th, the app is updated to a new version.

In our app, when the app is loaded and realizes it’s been updated since last time, it clears all data and starts loading fresh data. So when the participant opens the app on 11th, all records on expired surveys between 6th to 11th are erased. That’s why there is no sign of them being expired.

We will try to find a better way to present these surveys as expired to avoid confusion, but other than this, we don’t see any specific problem with the flow.

Hope this helps,
Mohammad